Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What 2.5 miles between friends?

I went running with a couple of friends the other day... something I haven't done in a long time. I started out ahead of them with the intention of meeting up along the way. There were some last minute changes on their end which resulted in my not hooking up with them until I was 1 mile from my finish point. I decided to turn around and continue to run with them, figuring a little extra distance wouldn't hurt especially since they keep a slightly slower pace than I do. By the time I got back to my car I had logged an extra 2.5 miles. Sweet! I haven't run much more than 4 miles at any one time since the Broad Street at the start of May so to just go out and cover 7.5 miles was nice. A good kick in the pants, really. Official training for the marathon starts in less than a month. I needed a good kick in the pants.

No comments: