Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Almost time for training

So I had a couple of good weeks of putting in 15 miles or so. Then the elementary schools got out for the summer and my oldest daughter was home all day with me. Then I went to Hawaii. So I haven't run as much as I had hoped but I'm still running. I did run in Hawaii. In fact, my last day there happened to be the day of the Kona marathon. That was kind of cool. I thought to myself "Wow, if I had known I could have planned to run!" but then I realized that there was no way I could have ramped up my distance to do it so soon after Broad Street. But that's OK. Maybe another time.

Next Monday is my first official day of training for the Philly marathon. I'm feeling good about it but then it's easy to feel good when you haven't started yet. I guess mostly I just don't feel as worn out as I have in the past. We'll see how things go for the rest of the summer.

No comments: