Tuesday, April 27, 2010

5224

It's always exciting to get your bib number for a race. Somehow that makes it seem real. Of course, getting up at the crack of dawn, fighting with a few thousand other people for parking, and standing around before the sun comes up freezing your butt off also makes it seem real. But this is good, too. I still have to go into Philly before race day and pick up the actual bib, along with whatever running swag I can get for free. The goal will be to get in and out of the expo without succumbing to temptation to spend money on cool running gear. After all, I do need a new pair of running shoes.

My bib number for the 31st Broad Street Run is #5224. For those stalkers out there you can check out my time on the website. Sunday's forecast calls for a high of 89 degrees. Yikes! It says "AM clouds/PM sun" so perhaps it won't be as blistering as it might seem. Regardless, I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: